In many patients, the primary problem is an overabundance of fatty tissue underneath the skin, which can be addressed with weight loss either from dieting, exercising, or in more severe cases weight loss surgery. But when it comes to a substantial weight loss journey, the unsightly presence of the excess skin seems to be quite…
What to Expect
The success and safety of your plastic surgery procedure depends on the transparency and candidness during your consultation. By being actively involved in your consultation, problems, concerns, and questions you may have can be addressed by your surgeon, Dr. Church. In addition, knowing as much as possible regarding your health history will ensure your safety during surgery.
Before your Consultation
Complete your health information and demographics on our Online Web Portal prior to your consultation. This is important for your safety, giving our doctor and nursing staff the information they need to give you the best quality care. Also, by completing this form online, before your consultation, you will have more time to spend talking with the doctor.
Read our welcome letter and consent forms. This is important for you to be able to understand our practice’s policies, and at your consultation you will be asked to sign that you have read them.
At your Consultation
Arrive a little early. Bring a photo ID and plan to sign that you have read our welcome letter and consents.
Be prepared to discuss and answer questions about:
- Your plastic surgery goals and desires
- Why you want surgery, your expectations and desired outcomes
- Your general health status, any pre-existing health conditions or risk factors
- Medical conditions, drug allergies and medical treatments
- Use of current medications, vitamins, herbal supplements, alcohol, tobacco and drugs
- Previous surgeries
- Family medical history
Your surgeon will also:
- Examine you and ask you to point out what areas you are interested in changing
- May take detailed measurements of certain areas
- He will likely point out features of your body that you may or may not have noticed before. For example: asymmetry, shape, and skin quality
- Discuss your options and recommend a course of treatment
- Discuss likely outcomes and any risks or potential complications
- Discuss the use of anesthesia during your procedure
Your Nurse will then:
- Review any additional information regarding your health history
- Answer and/or elaborate on any additional questions/concerns you may have
- Show you before and after pictures, if applicable to your surgery of interest
Completing the Consultation:
Our surgical coordinator will meet with you to proceed with surgical planning and scheduling. She will provide you a financial quote for the procedure(s) that you and the surgeon discussed. All quotes will include the cost of the procedure (surgeon fee), facility, and anesthesia fees. All of your preoperative and postoperative visits are included in the surgical package, as well as your initial surgical garment and supplies if applicable. If needed, your doctor will write a prescription for medication for surgery; this fee is not included in the quote and given at your preoperative appointment.
Consultations are Complimentary. Schedule Yours Today!
"*" indicates required fields