In many patients, the primary problem is an overabundance of fatty tissue underneath the skin, which can be addressed with weight loss either from dieting, exercising, or in more severe cases weight loss surgery. But when it comes to a substantial weight loss journey, the unsightly presence of the excess skin seems to be quite…
- Drink plenty of water 2-3 days before your surgery.
- Nothing to eat or drink after midnight the night before surgery.
- Wear comfortable clothing the day of surgery. We suggest a top that zips or buttons and bottoms that have elastic or a tie waist band. Remember to leave all jewelry at home. Bring a cozy pair of socks to help keep your feet warm during your surgery; the operating room tends to be cold.
- A responsible party must stay with you for the first 24 hours after surgery. Anesthesia can remain in your system up to 48 hours post-operatively, causing light-headedness and dizziness. For your safety, someone must be with you.
- Starting the day of surgery, while awake, be sure to “pump the gas pedal” and ambulate with assistance every 1-2 hours for 2-3 days. Occasionally, blood clots can form following surgery and this limited, yet frequent gentle activity, can prevent this complication.
- To assist in reducing the above mentioned blood clot risk, the staff at la Belle vie requires TED hose during surgery. You will be asked to put these on the morning of your surgery and Dr. Church recommends you leave those on 3 days post-operatively, except to shower.
As always, Dr. Church and his staff at la Belle vie focus on patient care. Due to the intimate surgical setting, we strongly recommend limiting the caregivers in attendance for your surgery to one or two. In addition, we advise making childcare arrangements for your children/infants. This will allow for more focused care on you and a smoother experience upon discharge from the recovery room.
Thank you for choosing la Belle vie Plastic Surgery for your cosmetic procedure!