- Start with regular diet high in protein and low in sodium as tolerated.
- Have your prescriptions filled BEFORE surgery and bring them with you the day of surgery.
- Take all medication as directed with plenty of water starting the day of surgery.
- Use pain medication as needed for pain and discomfort. DO NOT DRIVE WHILE TAKING PRESCRIPTION PAIN MEDICATION.
- You can use Ibuprofen (Motrin, Advil) 800 mg 3 times a day, as needed for discomfort, starting 24 hours after surgery.
- Keep head elevated 45 degrees on 2-3 pillows or in a recliner for the first 5-7 days. This is to help decrease swelling and for comfort. Do not lay flat.
- Port sites will ooze up to 48 hours. This is normal.
- Suctioned areas will discolor; gravity will draw that discoloration downward.
- Wear the compression garment 24/7, except to shower.
- Suctioned areas will appear swollen and larger than they were pre-operatively. This is normal.
- No heat or ice.
- The day after surgery, it is okay to remove the surgical garment and any gauze pads to take a shower. Leave the brown episeals on. After showering, pat dry and replace surgical garment, with additional padding, if needed.
- No lotion or ointment to surgical incision areas for one week.
- No lifting heavier than 10 pounds or increasing heart rate for at least 1 week after surgery. No jarring or high impact exercises for at least 3 weeks after surgery.
- Post-op visits are very important. Follow up with scheduled appointment. If you were not given a follow-up appointment, please call the office within 24 hours of your procedure to arrange an appointment.
- You will be seen again as follows: 1 week, 3 weeks, 3 months, and as needed.
Additional Discharge Instructions:
- Do not drive, operate mechanical equipment, or make important decisions for at least 24 hours after your surgery.
- IF YOU HAVE AN IMMEDIATE EMERGENCY, PLEASE CALL 911
- Please call the office at (910) 338-5900 if you experience any of the following:
- Rash or hives
- Fever of 101 or greater
- Persistent nausea or vomiting
- If it is after hours, please call the office telephone number, you will be directed to the doctor or nurse on call.
- If you have questions or concerns that are not an emergency, please call the office telephone number from 9:00 AM until 4:00 PM Monday thru Friday, or leave a message on our voice mail after hours.
Thank you for choosing la Belle vie Plastic Surgery for your cosmetic procedure!