- Start with regular diet high in protein and low in sodium as tolerated.
- Have your prescriptions filled BEFORE surgery and bring them with you the day of surgery.
- Take all medication as directed with plenty of water starting the day of surgery.
- Use pain medication as needed for pain and discomfort. DO NOT DRIVE WHILE TAKING PRESCRIPTION PAIN MEDICATION.
- You can use Ibuprofen (Motrin, Advil) 800 mg 3 times a day, as needed for discomfort, starting 24 hours after surgery.
- Keep head elevated 45 degrees on 2-3 pillows or in a recliner for the first 5-7 days. This is to help decrease swelling and for comfort. Do not lay flat.
- After 24 hours you may shower. Use tepid water only when showering. Make sure you have someone with you the first time you shower in case you start to feel light-headed.
- No lifting heavier than 10 pounds or strenuous activity 2 weeks after surgery. No exercise until cleared by Dr. Church.
- DO NOT remove the brown episeals. These will be removed at your first post-operative appointment.
- Post-op visits are very important. Follow up with scheduled appointment. If you were not given a follow-up appointment, please call the office within 24 hours of your procedure to arrange an appointment.
- You will be seen again as follows: 1 week, 3 weeks, 3 months, and as needed.
Additional Discharge Instructions:
- Do not drive, operate mechanical equipment, or make important decisions for at least 24 hours after your surgery.
- IF YOU HAVE AN IMMEDIATE EMERGENCY, PLEASE CALL 911
- Please call the office at (910) 338-5900 if you experience any of the following:
- Rash or hives
- Fever of 101 or greater
- Persistent nausea or vomiting
- If it is after hours, please call the office telephone number, you will be directed to the doctor or nurse on call.
- If you have questions or concerns that are not an emergency, please call the office telephone number from 9:00 AM until 4:00 PM Monday thru Friday, or leave a message on our voice mail after hours.
Thank you for choosing la Belle vie Plastic Surgery for your cosmetic procedure!