- Start with regular diet high in protein and low in sodium as tolerated.
- Have your prescriptions filled BEFORE surgery and bring them with you the day of surgery.
- Take all medication as directed with plenty of water starting the day of surgery.
- Use pain medication as needed for pain and discomfort. DO NOT DRIVE WHILE TAKING PRESCRIPTION PAIN MEDICATION.
- You can use Ibuprofen (Motrin, Advil) 800 mg 3 times a day, as needed for discomfort, starting 24 hours after surgery.
- After 24 hours you may shower. Use tepid water only when showering. Make sure you have someone with you the first time you shower in case you start to feel light-headed. No soaking bath for 2 weeks.
- Use squirt bottle with tap water every time you use the restroom for the first 7 days. Pat dry.
- If the surgical site begins to itch or is tender, use antibiotic ointment twice a day (in addition to using after the restroom) for 7 days to incision. May also use panty liner to protect clothing from ointment.
- Cold compresses as much as possible for the first 24 hours (No heat or ice).
- No lifting heavier than 10 pounds or increasing heart rate for at least 3 weeks after surgery. No exercise until cleared by Dr. Church. No sexual activity or tampons for 6 weeks after surgery.
- Post-op visits are very important. Follow up with scheduled appointment. If you were not given a follow-up appointment, please call the office within 24 hours of your procedure to arrange an appointment.
- Then you will be seen again as follows: 1 week, 3 weeks, 6 weeks, 3 months, and as needed.
Additional Discharge Instructions:
- * IF YOU HAVE AN IMMEDIATE EMERGENCY, PLEASE CALL 911 *
- Please call the office at (910)338 -5900 if you experience any of the following:
- Rash or hives
- Fever of 101 or greater
- Persistent nausea or vomiting.
- If it is after hours, please call the office telephone number, you will be directed to the doctor or nurse on call.
- If you have questions or concerns that are not an emergency, please call the office telephone number from 9:00 AM until 4:00 PM Monday thru Friday, or leave a message on our voice mail after hours.
Thank you for choosing la Belle vie Plastic Surgery for your cosmetic procedure!